Production Planning Manager
Consumer Products Business
Are you an ambitious Production Planning Manager, looking to inherit a planning function in a busy FMCG business? The role will focus heavily on the effective execution of production planning and driving process improvements/ team development?
This Leading FMCG Business, who have experienced significant growth over the last 12/18months, are currently in the market for a Production Planning Manager. The role will cover single site planning operation, in particular focussing on developing planning, driving continuous improvement, and being responsible for effective team leadership. This is a great role for a candidate with significant experience of leading and developing supply chains, being the strategic thinker behind the function also playing a hands on role in its activity. The ability to influence stake holders, across all levels, is essential to the success of this role.
- Review Capacity Requirement Plans to give medium term visibility of demand on business.
- Work with account Managers on monthly Demand Planning process.
- Assist with Supplier escalation / issue resolution.
- Develop and Coach team in MPS/ MRP to achieve superior service levels to Production and Customer.
- Prepare & deliver weekly production schedules for all lines
- Maintain inventory stock at optimum levels
- Develop key links with Production, Purchasing, Commercial, Warehouse and R&D teams.
- Analysis of supply chain issues
- Ordering of direct and indirect materials
- Planning “Mixed Case” requirements
- To carry out any appraisal/development reviews of direct reports (if applicable).
- To carry out any other reasonable requests to meet the needs of the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Production Planning Management role
- Ability to work in fast-paced evolving environment
- Proven Management skills with the ability to drive a high performing team
- Competency with Microsoft Excel
- High level of computer literacy and ability to learn new software
- Very high attention to detail
- Highly analytical and enjoys problem solving
- Experience using ERP, MRP, WMS systems
- Experience in a food supply chain environment desirable but not essential
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.