Interim Procurement Manager – 6 Month Contract (Outside of IR35)
Leading Food Business
Competitive Day Rate
Are you an ambitious proven procurement interim within the food industry, looking to join a procurement function and take ownership of a strategic area of spend? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and secure a role to aid the identification of a succession plan for the current Head Of Procurement.
This growing Food Business, which takes pride in delivering a number of household brands to all of the major retailers as well as internationally, is currently in the market for a Interim Procurement Manager. This role will take responsibility for their ingredients category, focussing on developing both UK and global supply. Key to the success of the position will be the ability to taking increasing autonomy of this spend for the business and driving procurement strategies to identify new suppliers, develop cost-reduction initiatives and mitigate risk from a supply perspective. This position will also manage a team of 3 direct reports and a number of dotted reports globally.
- Lead the development and implementation of the execution plans for raw materials/ingredients from both UK and International markets
- Help to ensure the business gets the best value from purchasing spend
- Manage the delivery of departmental KPI’s and key SIR initiatives for the Raw Materials Procurement team
- Building the capability of the Raw Materials procurement team at an overall and individual level
- Procurement budget planning and periodic purchase price re. forecasting
- Monitoring of market trends and provision of appropriate ‘intelligence’ to management
- Manage the network of key supplier relationships externally
- Development of actions plans to offset price increases and deliver value for the business
- Supplier identification and establishment of back up ingredients suppliers to mitigate risk and also for new product raw material requirements
- Effectively represent the procurement function internally with key stakeholders, including commercial, operations, finance, marketing and NPD
- Proven track record in category management, ideally within an FMCG business and preferably food/beverage productions
- CIPS/ MCIPS qualified
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good IT and systems skills
- Achievement of real, net cost savings
- Strong supplier management skills
- Winning new business based on innovative and cost-effective product sourcing
- Effectiveness of supplier assessments – for both new and existing suppliers
- Ability to lead and develop a team strategy, including training of procurement profiles early in their career
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.