- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £50000 - £60000 PA
- Location: North West England
- Job Ref: CD-24700
Job Title: Senior Buyer – 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Competitive salary plus car allowance and excellent benefits
Location: North West
Sector / Industry: FMCG / Food and Drink
Job Reference: CD-24700
Would you like to work for a category leading organisation, who operates across food and drink? This is an opportunity to work within a blue chip organisation who are based in the heart of the North West. Operating across both Brand and Private Label, the business produce quality products and have a strong heritage.
- Competitive basic salary plus car allowance, pension, healthcare and benefits
To ensure the procurement of specific Food ingredients are at the lowest cost for the quantity, quality, and delivery requirements of the Group.
The effective and efficient analysis, planning, organisation, implementation and control of stock and service replenishment and stock and service level activities with the objective of maintaining stock and service of the right quantity in the right location at the required time
The development and control of the appropriate Food Ingredients within the Company’s product portfolio.
Management of the Procurement of Food Ingredients as assigned, their development and cost reduction and control.
Plan organise, and co-ordinate Purchasing activities in support of the Groups requirements and objectives.
To manage the purchasing and tracking of their Food Ingredients in line with the Company’s goals and objectives.
Accountable for the contracting, planning, organising, training, co-ordination, and leadership of their specific Food Ingredients, with appropriate support
Performance will be measured by the individual’s ability to:
- Direct and co-ordinate MRP requirements and processes in line with the established or agreed parameters.
- Develop common purchasing policies, procedures and frameworks.
- Combine strategic and operational elements into the role.
- Create long-range purchasing plans and strategies including risk assessment of suppliers.
- Manage and control the development of the designated area.
- Measure and manage supplier performance through effective working relationships.
- Identify and achieve cost reductions through the application of best purchasing practice and techniques.
- Ensure that contracts for all products are advantageous to the company’s long-term profitability.
- Ensure accurate maintenance and control of all relevant master data within SAP
- Initiate corrective actions to ensure objectives and requirements achieved.
- Responsible for developing and managing inventory, purchasing and strategies.
- Analyses, reviews and actions all sourcing decisions relating to the specific Food Ingredients assigned, which includes the regular review of current processes and the management of the appropriate recommended changes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Purchasing experience in a wide range of activities central to the purchasing function but widely connected to other commercial activities.
- Normal requirement is a degree or working towards a degree, preferably in Business Studies with a bias to the purchasing function.
- Member, Associate or student of the CIPS, or at minimum should hold or be working to the CIPS foundation level of purchasing and supply qualification.
- Fully understand the SAP purchasing system and its relationship to the various ‘interfacing’ systems as well as a full working knowledge of the buying departments systems and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Directly: Chloe Dalton on 0161 639 0080