Global Consumer Products Business
Competitive Basic + Package.
Are you an ambitious purchasing professional, looking to join a procurement function and take ownership of strategic areas of spend? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and one which is investing in its procurement function to encourage a more strategic and cost effective approach to sourcing strategies? Then this is the role for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Senior Buyer.
This role will ensure continuity of supply of goods and services to support the ongoing needs of the business. Delivering value to the organisation in all forms, primarily
via cost savings, is the priority of the Senior Buyer. If you’ve got previous procurement experience and great negotiation skills, this could be the role for you!.
- Use the ERP system to manage the supply of goods and services from procurement-managed vendors to minimise supply interruptions, while controlling inventory levels in line with organisational objectives.
- Identify and pursue courses of action to deliver value to the organisation, where this value is recorded the relevant tracker.
- Maintain a philosophy of continuous improvement that seeks to positively impact any area of the business, collaborating in cross-functional teams where necessary to deliver those improvements.
- Maintain supplier relationships in accordance with the company Supplier Relationship Management process
- Act in accordance with the Integrated Management System. Provide appropriate reporting to the business where required e.g. spend reports, inventory levels, cost variances and key material price trends.
- Input to the Budget process as required, providing expertise and data in relation to purchase cost management and collaborating with the finance team to enable the timely setting of standards costs.
- Manage the setting and maintenance of ERP master data for all items within your portfolio, automating the process where strategically prudent. Identify potential areas of risk to the organisation and develop corresponding risk mitigation strategies.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in managing direct procurement categories, ideally within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Experience of strategic sourcing across raw materials and packaging would be beneficial
- Considerable experience in managing spend areas in the realm of £5-10million would be advantageous
- Ability to work autonomously to manage and improve key categories, including raw materials and packaging, would be beneficial
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally with key stake holders but also externally with both I suppliers and customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- CIPS/MCIPS qualifications would be advantageous
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.