Leading Equipment Supplier, both B2B and B2C
Are you an ambitious Purchasing Manager, looking to inherit a green-field purchasing function looking to design a more strategic approach to their sourcing strategy? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come? Then this is the role for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Purchasing Manager.
This role will take responsibility for the sourcing strategy for the business across a global supply base, with considerable focus being on a Far-East Supply Base. Key to the success of the position will be the ability to identify potential new suppliers, offer significant negotiation skills, have the ability to manage a small team and thrive in a SME environment.
- Lead the purchasing strategy for the business, managing a spend of circa. £4million, across a global supply base
- Analyse data and developing reports to demonstrate savings improvements and benefits of changes
- Working to KPI’s to ensure maximum return from warehousing space and ensuring the key stock items are maintained in stock 100% of the time
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating risks in the supply chain
- Resourcing equipment to improve shipping times, quality and minimize risk
- Work closely with Marketing to forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Negotiate with Key Suppliers to develop improved terms.
- Maintain communication between suppliers, warehousing, and internal teams to ensure understanding and expectations align.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in delivering a procurement strategy across a global supply base
- Experience of strategic sourcing across a Far East Supply Base would be ideal
- Ability to manage a team
- Strong communications skill, both internally with key stakeholders and externally with customers, supplier and logistics providers
- Good negotiation skills
- Good IT skills and the use of CRM systems
- Understanding of 3rd party logistics
- CIPS/MCIPS qualifications would be advantageous
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.