Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager
Are you an ambitious procurement professional looking for a senior leadership role?
Do you have organisational skills and internal stakeholder management background to help build a new procurement function?
We are exclusively representing a global FMCG manufacturer who are market leader in the UK market. They have an impressive range of own label, private label and third party manufactured products. The business are looking to expand their procurement team due to growth within the business. As the Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager you will have full responsibility of raw materials and packaging for the group, optimising cost, cash, quality and service. Drive added value through sourcing strategically, value engineering, innovation delivery and risk management.
- Take full ownership, validate and implement the purchasing strategies for the raw materials and packaging portfolio.
- Prospect and propose the best possible supplier(s) for the material in question.
- Negotiate the best possible terms for the materials to be bought with a ‘Total Cost of Ownership’ approach.
- Advice the business in case of non-conforming suppliers.
- Coordinate the projects that have been assigned to you in close collaboration with the different stakeholders.
- Support the MD to ensure adequate supply of raw material at the best possible conditions.
- Track and report market trends, risks and opportunities, linked to your portfolio.
- Ensure annual budget forecast and requested re-forecast of your portfolio.
- Ensure reporting’s to help understand the purchasing performance and impact on the business.
- A degree in Purchasing, Business or Economics or any other relevant discipline is preferred, but not essential. You may hold the equivalent level by experience.
- Procurement experience as a senior buyer/purchasing manager within an FMCG capacity.
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of another European language is a plus. You are a dynamic professional with an enthusiastic, can-do and positive attitude.
- Hands on attitude – no job is too small.
- You have very good communication and demonstrated negotiation skills.
- You are self-motivated, result driven and business oriented.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below