Are you an opportunistic marketeer with eye for new market trends and new opportunities?
Are you looking to join one of the most exciting and innovative channels in the grocery space?
Our client are a growing FMCG business within the food and beverage space, they have a variety of well-known established brands along with a strong portfolio of new products in the pipeline. The marketing function is expanding and looking to hire a new Category Manager to initiate, develop and execute customer and channel strategy.
This role will be ideal for a strong commercial professional with experience in marketing and or customer account management. This role will offer you fantastic exposure to the major grocery mults and top level data sources. You will be leading category conversations, building NPD plans and collaborating closely with the wider business functions to help with strategic growth.
- Develop the customer and channel strategy for key accounts, working closely with the Customer and Marketing Managers as well as Sales ensuring alignment with the overall strategy.
- Lead in assessing the range planning for each of the key customer accounts, aligning with both sales and marketing plans. To ensure the right share of shelf and providing clear rationale (based on data and insight) to support target settings.
- Proactively share trends and actions within the Category and by the competitors or major retailers that may have a direct impact on company brands
- Provide shopper, channel and competitor data from all available data sources to incorporate into category strategy. Proactively share with the commercial team, category and shopper insight from market data (e.g. panel data, bespoke behavioural research, etc).
- Deliver against the agreed channel and customer strategy plan and objectives for key customer accounts
- To develop and continuously update a database of promotional evaluations/case studies and work closely with
- Monitor volume and distribution developments by SKU for key accounts, highlight variances versus expectations to the Sales Controllers and Customer Marketing Manager
- Review all sales activations to consider their success against budget and customer/brand plan objectives
- Educated at degree level
- Commercial experience in marketing, purchasing or customer account management within FMCG markets
- Proficient in reading and analyzing data from multiple sources to create business supportive pictures/stories to demonstrate opportunities in existing and new business areas.
- Exposure to a number of data sources such as IRI/Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Kantar etc.
- Strong stakeholder management and commercial acumen
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent project
- Driven individual looking to move up in a busy, fast paced environment.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.