Supply and Inventory Planning Manager
Leading Food Business
Competitive Basic + Package.
Are you an ambitious Supply and Inventory Planning Professional, looking to oversee a growing finished goods category for both UK and International Markets? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth within the food industry and one which is committed to driving greater efficiencies and process improvements across is supply chain operation?
Advocate Group are currently exclusively a branded food business famous for flavour; and whilst the organisation have some great brands, their people are what makes them special. This leading food business is committed to being a great place to work, grow & develop, and for the right candidate, this is a fantastic role.
As the Supply and Inventory Planning Manager you will be responsible for best in class supply availability, encompassing inventory optimisation, working capital management and product lifecycle management for a select group of products. Working collaboratively with key business functions, the Supply and Inventory Planning Manager will pro-actively review long term business plans to ensure the Supply plan is in place to achieve the business commitments.
- Product Availability, ensuring we have the right product, in the right place, at the right time to deliver to the requirements of our customers.
- Inventory Optimisation, making decisions regarding the management and forecasting of inventory. It is expected that the Product Availability Manager will be a driver for change and fully engage in optimisation projects.
- Working Capital Management, deliver accurate long range working capital forecasts to feed into overall business budget.
- Product Lifecycle Management, active involvement in the Gate process and associated projects representing Supply Chain
- S&OP long term review (3 18 month) translating the strategic demand plan into supply actions and capacity plans.
- Long term planning, working closely with procurement, in particular the Regional Supply Manager, Asia to ensure that the demand requirements are understood and plans are in place to support execution of the supply plan
- Team performance and development, ensure the performance of the team is managed, developed and driven
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in managing supply planning and inventory functions within a supply chain capacity, ideally within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Great understanding of end to end Supply Chain, with commercial acumen
- Resilience when under pressure
- Experience of leading and developing supply planning teams would be beneficial
- Strong stakeholder management skills, both internally and externally
- Encourage and enable a more collaborative and proactive approach with key customers, supplier and key internal stakeholders
- Confidence in challenging the status quo
- Continuous improvement mind-set that enables value creation and growth
- Up to date with technology advances and comfortable in applying improved ways of working
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is being handled on a retained and committed basis by The Advocate Group and as such, any 3rd party applications will be forwarded directly to the Advocate Group.