Quality Improvement Leader
Leading Consumer Product Supplier, both B2B and B2C
Are you an ambitious quality management professional, looking to inherit a pivotal role looking to drive supplier performance improvement across a global supply base? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation – then this is the role for you!
This exciting Household Goods Supplier, who take pride in delivering a number of well-known brands to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Quality Improvement Leader.
This role will take responsibility for the driving supplier improvement across a global supply base, focussing on a Far East Supply Base in particular. Key to the success of the position will be to effectively managing key portfolio of supplier, assessing performance, identifying areas of improvements and driving projects to ultimately improve customer satisfaction.
- Supplier Validation Audits
- First production validation for all NPI at the Suppliers premises
- Manage the day to day duties of the team of Quality Auditors NDC
- Factored supplier Audit calendar control
- SCAR creation, NC appliance & database management
- PSI validation factored appliances
- SCR and Returns data analysis
- Monthly SCR & Returns data to be sent to all key suppliers
- Supplier development and product improvement programmes generated – performance monitored/managed
- Proactively engage with Far East suppliers to drive efficiencies
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in delivering a quality audit and improvements across a FE supply base
- Experience of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment would be highly beneficial. Examples sectors being automotive, consumer products, assembly led manufacturing operations, electrical based products
- Ability to manage a team of up to 4and develop both performance and training and development strategies across the quality team
- Strong communications skill, both internally with key stakeholders and externally with customers, supplier and logistics providers
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills
- Degree qualified, within quality would advantageous, would be beneficial
- Quality based qualification would be desirable e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Methodologies
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.