Technical Manager – Canning
FMCG – Beverages
Competitive basic + package
Do you want to work for one of the world’s most exciting branded drinks business? Do you want to work for a business that is still experiencing double digit growth across EMEA? Are you a self-starter with a go-getter mentality? A proven technical manager in the canning industry? If so then this could be the dream role?
The Advocate Group are currently exclusively representing a globally recognised drinks brand as they increase their technical capability, specifically across their canning offering.
This position will support the EMEA Operations as part of the Technical Services Department with an emphasis on assisting our can suppliers in printing cans to our colour standards. Continuous evaluation of print quality thru all our contracted can plants to ensure we maintain the highest quality standards across all brands
- Support colour qualifications in can manufacturing plants in their assigned region.
- Work with the Technical Services Team on implementing new can printing applications and / or technologies.
- Evaluate submitted samples to standards.
- Ensure all pre-press, printing and quality SOP’s are being followed at all can and filling locations.
- Update and organize regional colour standard library and ensure Corporate Technical Services has can standards on file.
- Communicate and follow-up with can suppliers when colour and / or design standards are not met.
- Monitor and follow-up with open issues and corrective actions through the Can Quality Portal.
- Ensure “Incoming Can Inspection Guidelines” are being followed by can suppliers and contract packers.
- Evaluate/measure and track outside can coatings and compare results using Spec Metrix equipment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree in metal decorating or flexography printing technologies or 5 years work experience in 3-piece can manufacturing or print colour management
- Strong technical and/or support background in aluminium packaging
- Pass artwork comparison proof reading tests at (90% or higher).
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Share Point applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to travel across the EMEA region, typically circa 50% (when this is possible again!)
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.