Leading Food Production Business
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an aspiring planning professional, with experience of driving planning processes across a growing category, whilst communicating internally with various functions, then this is the role for you !
Currently working with a well-established food production business, with a multitude of brands, providing well known products, who are looking for a Supply Planner. The role will look to manage suppliers, ensuring inventory levels of products are maintained at their optimal levels to ensure the business delivers great customer service whilst simultaneously ensuring optimum inventory health.
A crucial element of this interface is managing relationships with suppliers, both in terms of sharing all relevant information that is available to both parties, and measuring and communicating performance level.
The Supply Planner role will be responsible for:
- Product Availability – ensuring the right product, in the right place, at the right time to deliver the requirements of our customers and achieve target service level agreements (SLAs).
- Inventory Optimisation – key awareness of the metrics surrounding product availability to inform and highlight any supply challenges and/or opportunities (forecast demand, stock levels, purchase plans) . Accurately communicate demand requirements and work closely with the team to ensure plans are in place to support execution of the supply plan.
- Inventory Management – ensuring actual stockholding is in line with agreed targets and prompt actioning of slow and obsolete moving stock (SLOB).
- Product Lifecycle Management – active involvement in the process to phase NPD and EPD into the BIFG portfolio of products. Additionally, identify key item classes where discontinuation needs to be activated to ensure the portfolio remains streamlined.
- Ongoing supplier reviews – holding periodic/quarterly reviews with suppliers to ensure key information exchange between the business and its supplier network
- Master Data Systems – maintaining and updating master data systems within the business to reflect the most up to date information.
Factory Planning Management Requirements:
- Have 2 years FMCG Planning experience with advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Build powerful partnerships at all levels with the ability to challenge
- Have a sound understanding of E2E Supply Chain
- Be able to analyse data and identify issues
- Have a high degree of self-awareness and motivation for career development
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and enthusiasm for CI
- Enjoy working with processes to improve efficiencies and continually raise the ba
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.