Supply Chain Planner
Nutritional Drinks Business
Are you an ambitious Supply Chain Planner, looking to inherit an end to end supply chain and make your own stamp on growing entrepreneurial business? Do you want to take ownership of a supply chain offering a unique and exciting product range within the food sector?
This Nutritional Drinks Business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Supply Chain Planner. The role will cover end-to-end supply chain operations, in particular focussing on planning, demand planning, inventory management, capacity, customer service and warehouse/logistics management. This is a great role for a candidate with significant experience of leading and developing supply chains, being the strategic thinker behind the function also playing a hands on role in its activity. The ability to influence stake holders, across all levels, is essential to the success of this role.
- Lead the generation of the demand plan, ensuring accurate and timely monitoring of actual orders against the demand forecast, investigate variances and amend accordingly.
- Lead generation of weekly production / capacity plans ensuring alignment with business objectives on availability, costs and efficiencies are met.
- Lead the interaction with marketing, sales and customer contacts to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Ensure the team is monitoring availability and inventory levels for finished goods whilst keeping stock within agreed target levels.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential issues, ensuring availability risks are managed.
- Drive continuous improvement of Sales & Operational Planning throughout the Business
- Collate, analyse and summarise the reporting of all performance on a timely basis.
- Work with the wider team to ensure all KPI’s are maximised including, Customer Service Level, planning efficiency’s and forecast accuracy.
- Management of the warehouse/logistics operation
- Drive Business change requirements.
- Be the main advocate for change management projects across the Supply Chain.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) or associated professional qualification.
- Recent experience in a similar role for a FMCG company, ideally within the food industry
- Experience working with short shelf life products is desirable
- Very strong analytically and problem-solving skills, including creative thinking with the ability to identify and focus on the key issues.
- Experience of managing a supply chain team and encouraging best practise
- Proven track record in working with NPD and other internal departments to influence/promote supply chain activity
- Strong demand planning/forecast management experience
- Ability to design and lead an S&OP process
- Experience of managing a co-manufacturing supply chain and the ability to influence supplier management and raw material cost would be beneficial.
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.