Supply Chain Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £50000 - £60000 PA
- Location: Mersey Side
- Job Ref: VAC-24590
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
Sector / Industry: Engineering/Manufacturing
Job Reference: VAC-24590
The Advocate Group is working with working with a leading industrial manufacturer who supply products into a wide variety of sectors including construction, utilities, energy, packaging and materials. They have an impressive range of innovative products which have grown the company into a multi-million turnover SME. The business is now looking to add an experienced Supply Chain Manager to the Senior Management team.
As the Supply Chain Manager you will managing all aspects of planning, procurement, facility scheduling, capacity planning, materials management and logistics. You will support from the business owners to implement continuous improvement projects to the Supply Chain department.
- You will manage the full end to end Supply Chain Function leading the Supply Chain Team (purchasing, planning, warehouse and logistics)
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies, SLAs and cost saving initiatives ensuring that procurement makes a substantial contribution to the strategic objectives of the business
- Ensure all internal departments work collaboratively to deliver on customer service targets
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to effectively plan customer demand and inventory requirements
- Actively engage with Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the business
- Establish and maintain an effective team, ensuring clear goals are set and appraised, and facilitate a culture which is aligned to the company’s vision and values
- Responsible for ensuring the Health & Safety of all your employees and that your area operates in accordance with Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Improve company transport function through the management of all transportation, warehouse and depatch
- Take timely actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Utilise IT systems that is in place, ensure that data is accurate and resolve any issues. Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Supply Chain Manager experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proven background implementing business process improvements
- A confident communicator with the ability to implement culture change
- A strategic thinker who manage change in a growing business
- Able to cope with high degrees of autonomy and responsibility
- Good level of MS Office – Excel (e.g. pivots, look ups), Outlook, Word
- Full UK driver’s license
To apply for the Supply Chain Manager role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Corten-Miller or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 10 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.