Supply Chain Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £40000 PA
- Location: Midlands
- Job Ref: 24742
Job Type: Supply Chain Manager
Would you like to work for a category leading organisation? Are you someone who wants to be part of a stable organisation where you can make a real impact? My client are looking for an enthusiastic Supply Chain Manager to join the business and head up the team.
One of the leaders in their field with a global customer base. The business has an excellent track record of profit growth and there is an opportunity to continue to grow the business globally both organically and through acquisition. The business is projecting to double in size over the next 3 years, before acquisitions. They employ circa 200 people on site and they have ambitious plans for future expansion.
The Company wishes to appoint a Supply Chain Manager to join a strong operational team. The position will report to the Supply Chain Director. The key responsibilities of the position are to ensure high levels of customer service by:
- Leading a team of 3 purchasing /planning professionals with a focus on coaching and mentoring them to develop the effectiveness of the team.
- Supply and Demand Planning – managing the MRP system to ensure timely supply of raw materials and consumables, minimising shortages and working capital.
- Ensuring the manufacturing and packing departments have a robust and efficient operational schedule to meet customer deadlines.
- Preparing forecasts and inventories.
- Focus will be on inventory control and the effective flow of supplies from the point of ordering to receipt of goods.
- Monitoring of supplier performance.
- Looking at ways to improve supply chain networks.
- Develop strong working relationship with all other departments to ensure all orders are despatched on time.Package Details This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic individual to develop their career in a fast paced business. Ideally they will have the following personal attributes and experience:
- Ideal candidate profile
- Salary: £40,000, pension and healthcare.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Supplier management experience
- Experience in availability of materials for a large organisation
- A strong personal presence with excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills, giving the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Manager or a similar role within a complex manufacturing environment where the requisite organisational, planning, communication and team working skills are fully tested, in a fast paced made to order manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in the use of MRP.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate instruction effectively.
- A tenacious self-starter who is committed and hardworking.
- Honesty and integrity.This is very much a hands-on role and the successful candidate must be prepared to get personally involved in the day-to-day operation of the company and take personal ownership of customer service.To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Nikita Pottinger or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.To Contact Direct: Nikita Pottinger 0161 639 0080 Nikita.email@example.com
- Privacy Statement