Leading Supplier of Supplements/Nutritional Products
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious Purchasing Professional, looking to take ownership of key area of spend for a growing supplements and nutrition supplier? Want to join a business experiencing significant growth and enter a sector which is expanding Y.O.Y, then this is a business and an opportunity for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Sourcing Specialist.
Being the Sourcing Specialist, reporting directly into the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for sourcing key commodities, ingredient and finished goods for this expanding food business, whilst also researching and sourcing new suppliers as the business continues to identify new products to their market.
- Manage, direct and implement cost effective strategies for sourcing materials for new business and source cost reduced materials for current suppliers.
- Focus on cost and value management. Support strategies for supplier management, development and reduction programmes. Seek to extend the reach of best practice purchasing across all aspects of purchasing.
- Develop, gain agreement to, manage and implement category sourcing strategies
- Investigate and monitor supply market trends and evaluate / select appropriate suppliers who can support the business needs
- Formally assess new suppliers against pre-defined risk assessment criteria.
- Plan and execute data collection focussed on understanding supplier costs, capabilities and commitments
- Evaluate objective vendor performance and take action to develop, improve or remove suppliers
- Support the NPD process as required, taking responsibility for costing sheet compilation and management. This will include the identification of relevant suppliers and products that offer the best solution for product development and the customer
- Develop proposals for review with Production Management, R&D and Quality functions, regarding supplier approvals / specification changes which will reduce risk or cost or add value
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven experience with the sourcing of health foods and superfoods, alongside a broad understanding of the health and wellbeing food and supplement market.
- Experience in import and export of sea, road and air freight, and a good working knowledge of customs clearance procedures and requirements.
- Possess a strong understanding of supply chain systems and processes from supplier to consumer.
- Competent with stock control and working with ERP business systems.
- Commercially aware, you will have the ability to influence and negotiate, research, and build a network.
- Analytical with persuasive, negotiating skills and able to communicate with professionals at all levels internally & externally.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and be accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
- Numeracy and an excellent attention to detail are a priority.
- Self-motivated with strong planning skills.
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.