Shift C & I Technician
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £49000 PA
- Location: Bradford
- Job Ref: ST 24643
Shift C + I Technician
Job Title: Shift C + I Technician
Sector / Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Job Reference: ST 24643
With a turnover in excess of £1.5billion and over 2,500 staff globally, they are one of the market leaders in chemical manufacturing. They have 19 manufacturing sites throughout the world with the largest site situated here in the UK with a turnover in excess of £200m. The company is at the forefront of engineering excellence and has a significant continuous improvement mind-set throughout the business striving for operational excellence. With over 60 years in the industry, my client is a well-established chemical manufacturer who pride themselves on quality, innovation and exceptional technical support and are looking for a Shift Control and Instrumentation Technician to join their team at the site in Bradford.
The primary responsibility of the role is to provide control and instrumentation maintenance support to the whole site on a full continuous 5 shift system basis.
- Respond to control and instrumentation breakdown maintenance requests
- Ensure the site DCS systems are maintained out of hours and operations are fully conversant with any request changes
- Ensure all appropriate policies, procedures and related requirements such as H&S legislation is adhered to at all times
- Maintain the ‘Mainsaver’ database in light of breakdowns and inspections
- Take personal responsibility for compliance to Production Shift Manager (PSM) who will advise on production priorities
- Report all process safety incidents or hazards and contribute to incident investigations
Required Skills & Experience:
- HNC in relevant Instrument discipline is desirable plus full trade apprenticeship
- Industrial experience gained in a complex chemical or similar fast paced manufacturing environment
- Must be prepared to work flexible 12 hour shifts (Both days and nights) on a 5 shift pattern
- Ability to work safely on the sites computer based instrumentation systems (Especially the critical DCS) and have good diagnostic capability or the aptitude to assimilate within the month
- Ability to work under pressure
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stuart Tomkinson or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.