Senior Specifications Technologist
Job Role: Senior Specifications Technologist
Location: Greater Manchester
Do you want to work for a leading food manufacturer with exciting well-known brands in their portfolio?
What will you be doing:
- Proactively manage the finished product Specifications and Artwork requirements for Own Label customers and the company brands
- Comply with all relevant regulations and standards by leading the creation, approval and review of these finished product Specifications and Artworks.
- Lead Gap analysis into own label changing standards and recommend updates to GTS procedures to ensure compliance.
- Proactively manage finished product, own label and branded product specification requirements for customers.
- Lead specification, artworks reviews, and final sign off in line with agreed regulatory content as per GTS schedule.
- First point of contact for product specification/label artwork queries.
- Coordinate standard product claims approval, collect data, review with cross-functional team of other approvers and escalate to GTS manager for final decision.
- Claims Audits – challenge and verify approved claims.
- Represent GTS in cross-functional, Own Label and Branded project meetings for example redesigns which involve specification and artwork changes coordinate this work.
- Compile the monthly period reports with input from GTS Manager
The Successful Candidate:
- Strong experience working for a food manufacturer as a Specifications Technologist
- Excellent attention to detail and great problem solving abilities
- Good communication skills at all levels specifically managing expectations of internal and external customers
- Very organised and able to prioritise workload effectively in a fast paced and changing environment
- Good presentation skills and ability to adapt content and style to suit various audiences
- Ability to analyse large volumes of data and convert into accurate specifications and artwork
- Make connections of technical information or data and its possible affect across all markets
- Have good regulatory knowledge of UK/EU labelling regulations. North America and ANZ ideal
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact Jodi Slater at The Advocate Group – Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org