Senior Project Engineer
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £0 PA
- Location: Royston
- Job Ref: NP 33485
Job Type: Senior Project Engineer (Equipment)
Salary: Completive + Excellent Benefits
Job Reference: NP 33485
Are you interested in being part of a large billion pound sustainable technologies organisation who offers a clear career development path and the opportunity to be part of a progressive, growing and ambitious business? This exciting company invest in their people to ensure they have the best talent in the market. If you’re currently operating at a Senior Project Engineer or an experience Project Engineer within automatic manufacturing environment, manufacturing, electrical, FMCG, pharmaceutical with an appetite for working for an amazing manufacture his role offers excellent career progression, training and a collaborative and inclusive working environment, if this sounds roles sounds what you are looking for please read on!
You will join the team to deliver engineering solutions for new product, process and equipment introductions, with the aim of establishing safe, efficient and robust manufacturing processes for this brilliant company. Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer, you will be the technical lead, responsible for design, development and deployment of engineering solutions from initiation through to handover to the value stream operations teams.
For this exciting role you must be: Driven! Passionate! Dynamic! Excellent communicator! Proven experience! Able to thrive in a fast pace environment! Experience as a Senior Project Engineer or an experienced Project Engineer!
- In accordance with ePMO frameworks, you will deliver new products, process and equipment.
- Act as technical lead providing issue resolution for complex problems providing advice and support.
- Coaches and develops Project Engineers.
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity in order to lead improvement programmes of work. Takes action to solve risk issues and recommends complex changes to Project Manager/Lead Project Engineer.
- Support the project managers by delivering safe, efficient and robust engineering solutions for new product, process and equipment introductions.
- Support project sponsors to develop user requirements specifications for new processes and equipment, create functional design specifications and plant layouts as well as prepare detailed installation plans and coordinate the installation of processes and equipment in the production plant.
- Conduct design reviews using DFMEA and DRBFM studies to identify the risks and formulate action and control plans.
- Lead technical issue resolution within specific area of expertise for complex problems, providing advice and support along with monitoring, controlling and closing projects in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure successful completion within project parameters.
- Conduct training exercises and provide training materials on new processing equipment and systems.
The candidate will have:
- An Engineering degree in a mechanical/electrical discipline, or equivalent practical experience in the successful delivery of engineering projects in an automatic manufacturing environment, with NPI or Industrialisation experience desired.
- Knowledge of project management tools and the application, including visual planning.
- The ability to lead and support projects in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment with up to date knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety practices including COSHH, REACH and COMAH.
- Experience in developing technical engineering solutions in an automated environment including experience of conveyor systems, sensors, pneumatic or servo control would be an advantage but is not essential as is knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO16949, ISO14001 and ISO18001
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing practices and value stream mapping desired.
- Project Management trained with experience of Prince2, PMI or APM desired.
In return for this skillset, this organisation offers the chance to be a part of a fantastic team with a highly competitive salary and a great career path.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to Nikita.email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.