Location: This role will require regular weekly travel to the new Xperience centre in our Chiswick Park hub and occasional travel to other hubs in Trowbridge and Birmingham.
Salary: Competitive; benefits to include annual bonus, double matched pension, private healthcare and a fantastic flexible benefits package
We are recruiting for a Senior User Experience Manager as part of our R&I Leadership Team. Reporting directly to the R&I director, this role is pivotal in developing the UX function and methods within Danone UK&I.
Working in a multi-disciplinary business environment, the main mission is to understand and translate consumer’s behaviours and expectations in order to guide the design of Products and Packaging, whilst also delivering outstanding consumer experience for our UK and Ireland consumers.
As our highly innovative market is where a lot of innovation lands and starts for Danone in Europe, it is important to have a strong capacity to connect to consumers. Being obsessed with their needs and the value in and perceived, as well as the price to sell. This role will encompass having the full view on the pipeline and brands and will push differentiation to obtain greater market success.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
Set up and manage Sensory and Consumer Research Studies
- Place consumers at the heart of product & pack development: decode insights into technical directions
- Implement basic sensory and consumer tools within development projects
- Ensure efficient studies management and delivery on time in full to inform & influence decisions
- Select and manage external agencies, brief for insights, data collection, statistical analysis, and reports
Manage the Xperience Centre
- Oversee the building of the new facilities that will welcome consumers in the heart of our headquarters
- Establish ways of working, methods, and partnerships with agencies to ensure a successful usage of facilities
- Accelerate early qualitative consumer studies & agile co-creation
- Be a catalyst to drive a consumer centric organization
Responsible for interface with Business Partners & Marketing
- Build a strong relationship with Marketing and Insights teams: defining clear consumer research paths with your key business partners at all stages of product development projects
- Nurture the network with UX global team and other regional leaders, be on the lookout for best practice
- Expand relationships with other key functions: Quality, Sales, in order to further integrate the Consumer Experience
You have a strong track record in sensory & consumer research and are digitally savvy. You are a team player with the ability to engage and influence your peers and key stakeholders at all levels. You are able to work within an ambiguous context and have the confidence to make decisions.. You are passionate about the consumer and their experience.
Danone is embarking on an exciting global transformation to its strategy and organisational set up and we want you to be part of that journey! The importance of eating and drinking healthy nutritional products is stronger than ever, which means that the chance to adapt and evolve through digital transformation is upon us. We want to embrace these opportunities to build a more agile, integrated and synchronised organisation powered by our people.
We are a leading food and drink company with a fast-growing health-focused portfolio. With over 100 years of expertise, we care about every product we make, and we care equally about how we make them. We operate at 5 production sites as well as offices in the UK & Ireland- led by our people who power everything we do. They are key to our success! We are a team of 2000+ Danoners, part of a 100,000 strong global family.
Danone is a people-powered business, characterised by trust. We value output and personal contribution, enabling ‘Danoners’ to be their most energised, healthy and productive selves. Working in this way, we recognise that work and home life are blended and that it is output that matters, meaning that value creation can be generated from any location in mainland UK, balancing the nature of your role, the business and stakeholder needs. We support flexible working for this position however will require weekly travel to our Xperience centre in our Chiswick Park hub, appx 3 days per week and occasional travel to other hubs in Trowbridge and Birmingham.
Our brands include; Volvic, Evian, Harrogate, Activia, Alpro, Actimel, Nutricia, Aptamil and Cow & Gate.
We offer a competitive package including: a double matched pension, annual bonus, private healthcare, life assurance and product vouchers. You will also be entitled to opt into a range of flexible benefits which you can pick to suit your lifestyle.
Our mission and values guide how we behave, our flexible ways of working, how we connect with our communities and how we grow & develop our people. This is reflected in our employee offer, such as: our health & wellbeing programme, sponsored volunteering opportunities and in how individuals are enabled to drive their own development.
If you think this role might be of interest, click the button below to apply.