- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £40000 PA
- Location: Cheshire
- Job Ref: VAC-24502
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Salary: up to £40k + competitive benefits package
Sector / Industry: Engineering/Manufacturing
Job Reference: VAC-24502
The Advocate Group is working on a retained assignment for a market leading manufacturer who supply a wide range of high quality automotive products throughout the UK, Europe and the rest of the world. They are currently experiencing exciting commercial growth resulting in a new role within supply chain team for an experienced Senior Buyer. You will support the Purchasing Manager and contribute to ongoing continuous improvements of the operations and supply chain function.
The Senior Buyer will offer guidance to the procurement team, manage all aspects of supply chain, adding value, reducing cost and improving customer service levels. This is a strategic position within the procurement team and will need the ability to demonstrate the achievement of company goals and KPI’s.
Competitive salary including 25 day holiday, health care scheme and employee reward scheme.
- Responsible for managing the procurement of goods and services, management of supplier portfolio for a range of company categories
- Management of specific supplier accounts, price negotiation to ensure best value
- Act as project lead for NPD and manage new product sourcing from concept through to release
- Contract management, negotiation and implementation of supplier contracts, ensuring ethical, social and environmental standards at all time
- Focus on reducing TAC of products and services ensuring costs are managed and company probability is met
- Develop strategies to drive performance in service, inventory and adding value.
- Sourcing from international and domestic suppliers (with occasional travel)
- Analysis category spend and supplier performance
- Keep up to date with external factors which influence price whilst actively monitoring and reporting on industry changes
Senior Buyer required Skills & Experience:
- Experience within a busy manufacturing environment
- Over 4 years in a purchasing and inventory control role within a manufacturing environment
- Proven background implementing business process improvements
- A clear communicator who has the ability to communicate confidently at all levels and present to business leadership
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while maintain a strategic goal
- Ideally hold a MCIPS qualification
- Must be highly competent using MRP systems ideally SAP
- Full UK driver’s license and passport for international travel
To apply for the Senior Buyer role, please send a copy of your CV to Sam Corten-Miller or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.