Quality Assurance Director – EMEA Region
Greater London, open to EU applications
Leading Drinks Business
Are you a proven Quality Leader, looking to head up a Quality Assurance Function for a well-established drinks brand? Want to work for a business experiencing record growth and be responsible for supporting and improving the QA processes across the EMEA region, then this is the role for you!
This Leading Drinks Business, being one of the leaders within their market, are currently in the market for a QA Director to oversee the EMEA Remit. The role will lead the Quality Assurance function, including the management of the non-conformance procedures, investigations into customer and consumer complaints, auditing throughout the supply chain, communicating to all levels of the business and providing both Technical & NPD support.
- Conducting Quality & Food Safety Management System Audits throughout the Supply Chain as scheduled
- Management of assigned Non-Conformances and Incidents to ensure the appropriate tracking, root cause analysis and completion of the appropriate corrective actions
- Implement new procedures & improve the existing procedures as part of the QMS.
- To build effective relationships with customers, suppliers, contract manufacturers & internal stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the business, including senior management, peers, colleagues, partners & direct reports
- Travel to the co packing & supplier production sites across the EMEA region as required to support investigations, provide technical support to trial productions, and ensure appropriate change control and to conduct Quality & Food Safety Management System Audits.
- Manage, train and develop direct reports
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10 years+ experience in roles within a Quality function of a Food & Beverage organisation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality leading/senior position
- Experience of external QMS & FSMS Auditing, preferably trained as a Lead Auditor on Food Safety Management Systems or on an ISO standard and proven quality in this.
- Experience of Non Conformance and Incident Management.
- Experience of supporting NPD projects & leading production trials.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Multiple Language skills would be advantageous
- Experience with statistical analysis and Six sigma/ Lean methodologies advantageous
- Flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking & committed to a career in Quality Management
- High level of personal integrity
- Ability to work on own initiative, in a team and in a matrix organisation
- Ability to be calm, patient and assertive
- Effective communication skills
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.