- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £0 PA
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Job Ref: SM 24560
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Salary: Competitive salary + market leading benefits package
Sector / Industry: Supply Chan/Engineering
Job Reference: SM 24560
Our client are an industry leading global organisation within the industrial manufacturing markets. They have customers in a wide variety of markets and a presence on every continent throughout the world. They have a 12 month fixed term contract vacancy for a Purchasing Manager, to lead a procurement division, implement global strategy to procure all services and materials including capital goods.
• Manage the procurement team of senior buyers and buyers, reporting into the Regional Procurement Head.
• Oversee the procurement of all indirect items/ services and raw materials for the division in line with company compliance and strategy.
• Collaborate with the Regional Procurement Head to deliver on annual savings, and ensure strategies are implemented in an efficient and timely manner
• Identify and develop sourcing strategy for all unique divisional products, services and raw materials
• Negotiate contracts, terms and service level agreements
• Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory policies.
• Ensure contracts, NDA’s and service agreements are executed in line with Legal policies
• Manage the use of the Supplier Management System for monitoring, recording, managing and improving the performance of Key and Consumable material suppliers. Provide support for all audits.
• Manage Team defined objectives to ensure efficient performance and achievement of separately.
• Develop a supportive and inclusive working environment, where every team member feels valued and appreciated. Continually develop team expertise to support growth for new projects.
Purchasing Manager required skills & experience:
• MCIPS qualification or equivalent.
• Proven background in fast paced purchasing / supply chain role, ideally manufacturing.
• Exposure to CAPEX, contract management, renewal of contracts.
• Ability to read and interpret financial data/information
• Highly competent working with SAP
• A clear communicator at levels with the ability to challenge business leadership
• Comfortable managing multiple concurrent complex projects
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Sam Corten-Miller or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.