Leading Consumer Product Supplier, Household Goods
Are you an ambitious Purchasing Manager, looking to inherit a pivotal purchasing manager overseeing all direct spend for global household goods supplier? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation – then this is the role for you!
This exciting Household Goods Supplier, who take pride in delivering a number of well-known brands to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Purchasing Manager.
This role will take responsibility for the sourcing strategy for the business across a global supply base, focussing on all direct spend for this manufacturing business. Key to the success of the position will be to effectively managing a procurement spend for a large volume manufacturing business, ensuring security of supply across all direct materials whilst continuing to ensure competitiveness across the supply base.
- Lead the purchasing department with a team of circa. 6 and ensure their KPI’s are issued, met and exceeded
- Proactively searching for new suppliers globally to ensure budgets and cost savings are achieved. Currently sourcing from the Far East, India, Europe, and the UK.
- Responsibility of all Sourcing Contracts. Both Commercial and Social responsibility.
- Introduction of Consignment stock and point of use techniques.
- Continually monitoring inventory turns are to a world class level, ensuring inventory levels are optimised without stock-outs.
- Submitting of all ‘Key Performance Indicators’ at board management review
- Reviewing regularly the current supplier base, consolidating suppliers wherever possible Negotiate with Key Suppliers to develop improved terms.
- Managing a key direct material spend of circa. £20-30million per annum
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in delivering a procurement strategy across a global supply base
- Experience of strategic sourcing across raw material spend across UK, EU and Far East Supply would be highly beneficial
- Ability to manage a team of up to 6 and develop both performance and training and development strategies across the purchasing team
- Exposure to electrical based manufacturing process would be desirable
- Strong communications skill, both internally with key stakeholders and externally with customers, supplier and logistics providers
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of factory purchasing would be highly beneficial
- CIPS/MCIPS qualifications would be advantageous
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.