Projects Purchasing Manager
Leading Equipment Supplier within the FMCG Sector
Are you an ambitious Project Purchasing Manager, looking to inherit a growing procurement function, with a strong appetite to offer more of a strategic approach to their sourcing strategy? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come? Then this is the role for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium service to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Project Purchasing Manager.
This role will take responsibility for the procurement strategy for the business across a global supply base, with considerable focus being on a UK and European Base. Key to the success of the position will be to effectively work alongside key internal functions, including sales, design and operations, to deliver a successful procurement projects to ultimately mitigate risk, encourage savings and drive new supplier identification.
- Management and operational procurement position with responsibility for the purchasing of project related goods, materials and sub-contract services in accordance with Procurement Procedures/Systems and Quality Procedures
- Carry out full critical commercial analysis of quotations received against specific enquiries.
- Co-ordinate consolidation of goods and material deliveries for projects outside the UK
- Investigate and resolve supply related problems, such as late deliveries, shortages, damaged goods and materials, warranty issues
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of an approved supplier list, including the issue and assessment of supplier accreditation documentation
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in delivering a procurement strategy across a global supply base
- Experience of sourcing capital equipment, CAPEX or large machinery would be beneficial
- Ability to manage a team
- Strong communications skill, both internally with key stakeholders and externally with customers, supplier and logistics providers
- Good negotiation skills
- Good IT skills and the use of CRM systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- CIPS/MCIPS qualifications would be advantageous
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.