Product Development Manager
Bracknell, Greater London
Cosmetic Business, Leading Brands
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious Product Development Manager, looking to inherit a pivotal role looking to drive exciting projects across a fast paced, cosmetics business? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation – then this is the role for you!
This Greater London Based Cosmetics Business, who take pride in delivering a number of well-known brands to their diverse portfolio of clients, are looking to recruit a Product Development Manager.
This role will motivate, provide leadership and direction for both product and technical development; ensure that the products are 100% compliant and take full ownership of projects.
- To ensure compliance of new and existing products with all global safety, technical and regulatory requirements as necessary (UK and EU Cosmetic Regulation, REACH, CLP, FDA, Prop.65, etc).
- To maintain all key PIF data, ensuring relevant compliance and information readiness, in the case of Authority requests, and to ensure that Product Information Files, Safety Assessments and uploads to the Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) are completed to timeline and highest quality.
- To ensure all packaging, product labelling, product claims, marketing material, social media and other assets conform to regulatory, company and customer requirements.
- Liaise with third parties to ensure that product testing protocols reflect customer and regulatory requirements and meet industry best practice standards.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, distributors and retailers to resolve issues and complete registration process in export markets.
- Working in partnership with Marketing and 3rd parties, define, shape and deliver new product development projects in line with brand and company strategy.
- Ensure costs are within parameters set. Look for and suggest cost savings to the Business where and whenever possible.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree in cosmetic science, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar with proven experience in consumer technical product development (OTC, cosmetics or medical devices).
- 3 years’ experience in a similar product development role
- Beyond project management skills, experience or good understanding of at least one other function would be helpful (in particular Supply Chain including global sourcing or manufacturing) together with an appreciation of all other technical functions.
- Highly organised with a structured approach to their work, ability to juggle multiple projects
- High level of energy and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Team player yet able to work alone effectively and with initiative
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, strong influencing skills with a high level of resilience
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Good commercial sense
- The ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines – results driven.
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.