Procurement Category Manager
Global Beverages Business
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious procurement professional, looking to inherit a pivotal role looking to drive better category management across both raw materials and packaging spends? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation – then this is the role for you!
This Greater London based Beverage Business, who take pride in delivering a number of well-known products to their diverse portfolio of clients, are looking to recruit Procurement Category Manager, and there are two roles ! This role is responsible for the effective sourcing of all raw materials and packaging categories, driving procurement strategies alongside NPD and owning the full category cycle.
- Manage direct categories across the EMEA region, ensuring supply and service, optimizing the supply chain and managing and de-risking cost.
- Implement and support category strategy for the region.
- Ensure we have a robust – Category Analysis/Forecast and a Strong Value Creation Program- productivity.
- The role will have strong links with the EMEA Planning, Operations and Strategic Planning, Innovation and finance functions and externally with the key Ingredients, Packaging and Co-manufacturing vendors
- Ensure continuous supply to meet demand and category growth
- Optimise COG’s, support the tender process ie: RFQ to ensure we continue to focus on driving best landed cost
- Ensure invoices and payments are completed within agreed SLA and issues are resolved to avoid recurrence
- Support the EMEA S&OP Process, working closely with Operations, NPD/Innovation, Planning.
- Supply and Demand – Short Term / Long Term
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance
- MCIPS ideally
- Negotiation skills and facilitation
- SAP experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in Procurement with FMCG company.
- Able to analyse large amounts of data and creatively problem solve
- Strong communication skills across different countries and functions within an organization.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Management process improvements projects related to the purchasing function
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a dynamic and fast paced, changing environment and take initiative
- They must be equally comfortable dealing with anything from high-level negotiations to rolling up their sleeves and dealing with issues. They will expect to be complete tasks end-to-end themselves.
- A track record of effective supplier negotiation and contract management. They will have a solid understanding of relevant contractual law.
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.