Our client are a multi-billion pound organisation within the Sustainable Technology space with customers in a variety of markets. This particular opportunity sits in their rapidly growing Battery Materials division offering amazing career progression and opportunities.
With a presence on every continent throughout the world they are true leaders in their markets and now could not be a better time to join.
We are recruiting for a Process Scale-Up Manager who will lead a team of Scientists and Engineers who will ultimately be responsible for the process development and scale up of their material/product, coupled with leading the current team, overseeing projects, managing technology changes and risk assessments.
- Lead a team of Process Engineers and Scientists, including coaching and developing people, planning and organising workstreams, facilitating change and driving execution
- Ownership of the scale-up process from kg to commercial scale for manufacturing of products
- Key process technology expert for ‘dry’ technology. Regular input to business stage-gate decision-making, in the presence of senior stakeholders (up to Group CEO Level). Requires timely preparation and delivery of compelling and robust reports/presentations
- Manage across multiple internal business functions and external parties to execute the engineering design aspects of the staged industrialisation plan, including supporting on all related strategy work
- Leadership of scientific and engineering process development programmes at lab- and pilot-scale. Drive the synthesis of analytical and process data to develop robust understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Accountability for process engineering deliverables for the design of large-scale plant, including engineering design packages, equipment specifications, input on philosophies, plant layouts, risk reviews, permits, procurement, quality processes, and plant commissioning
- Accountability for project managing at site the delivery of all ‘dry’ pilot scale retrofit/expansion projects
- Degree qualified in Chemical/Process Engineering. Chartered status will be viewed as advantageous
- Demonstrable leadership skills; mixed team (Science and Engineering) track record advantageous
- Demonstrable Project Management skills for capital projects in a PMO framework
- Demonstrable experience of managing, from a Process Technology accountability perspective, multiple stakeholders across sites and functions with a clear collaboration mindset
- Experience in the scale-up of solids-based process technologies with integrated wet-chemistry processes. Experience with Ni/Co/Mn chemistries will be viewed as advantageous
- Delivery focussed to business-critical timescales and ability to thrive in a growth business environment
- Uncompromising attitude to working safely in design and operations
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stuart Tomkinson or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.