The Advocate Group are currently partnered with an independent milling business with over 250 employees throughout the UK, with five plants in the UK they are a quality and customer focused business and looking to add to their teams throughout the UK coming into 2020, the new roles are due to growth and re-structuring of teams, so now is a perfect time to be joining a growing business with an even more exciting future ahead of them.
The roles are centred around the Operational and Engineering disciplines, for this particular role based in King’s Lynn, I am recruiting for an experienced Maintenance Engineer (Ideally electrical bias) to work on a shift basis (days and nights).
The primary objective of the role is to ensure equipment and machinery is maintained and PPM is carried out throughout the plant, with the objective to ensure OEE is as efficient as possible with a more strategic approach to maintenance, not just a ‘fire fighting’ outlook but a more objective view on how to eliminate breakdowns.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will be a motivated, ambitious and driven individual who has a proven experience within maintenance ideally within a similar process driven environment, i.e. FMCG, Chemicals etc.
- Qualification/Apprenticeship in a relevant engineering field
- Have significant, proven experience in a manufacturing environment with an electrical bias or as a minimum 50/50 (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Experience within the Chemical/FMCG industries would be beneficial
- Be a coded welder (Ideal, not essential)
- Be organised, proactive and have an ‘out of the box’ approach to get the job done
- 17th Edition as a minimum
- Any controls or systems knowledge is advantageous i.e. PLCs, Mitsubishi, Scada etc.
Whilst the above skill set is preferred, what is key to this position is the attitude and outlook of the individual, as the teams grow there are going to be a number of opportunities to progress and grow your skill set throughout the business.
In return my client are offering an enhanced salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stuart Tomkinson or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.