Newcastle Upon Tyne
Food Production Business
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious Production Planning Professional looking to develop your skills working alongside industry leading professionals in a collaborative, positive and growing organisation?
Currently working with a large food business with a multitude of brands, providing well known products into the Retail Sector, who due to market growth and further supply chain investment, are looking to recruit a Planning Manager role. The role is looking to identify a candidate with considerable production planning experience within and FMCG sector, ideally within food and beverages, who also has experience of designing and leading a production plan, whilst effectively communicating both internally and externally with stakeholders to ensure a robust supply chain process.
- Monitor inventory levels against forecast and plan production orders to meet customer deliveries along with adequate safety stocks.
- In close co-operation with the Demand Planners, create, monitor and revise production plans for all or part of the portfolio
- Production of a timely production plan for both weekly and daily planning
- Measure and report conformance to production plans to enable the business to maintain customer service level whilst minimising obsolescence
- Maximise customer service level via effective liaison with the Demand planner and Sales Order Processing team.
- Maintain production planning spread sheets, systems and software.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to production planning process and performance
- Maintain high customer service level whilst minimising obsolescence
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Supply Chain FMCG environment
- Proficiency in production planning within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of systems, supported by advanced IT skills, particularly Excel and ERP systems, or similar systems
- Strong Analytical skills / numerate
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Broad knowledge of forecasting, product distribution, inventory control, manufacturing processes
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
- Maths or Business qualifications an advantage
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.