Head of Supply Chain (PLanning & Logsitcs)
Leading Household Food Business
Are you an ambitious Head of Supply Chain with a strong leaning towards planning & logistics, looking to inherit a multi-site supply chain operation, focussing heavily on logistics, planning and materials scheduling, and drive the supply chain strategy following significant site investment?
This Leading Household Food Business, who are a leader in a number of food markets, are currently in the market for a Head of Supply Chain (Planning & Logistics). The role will cover multi-site supply chain operations, in particular focussing on planning, materials, inventory management, warehouse/logistics management, and master data analytics. This is a great role for a candidate with significant experience of leading and developing supply chains, being the strategic thinker behind the function also playing a hands on role in its activity. The ability to influence stake holders, across all levels, is essential to the success of this role.
- Effective leadership and efficient management of site warehouse spaces in support of manufacturing options.
- Liaise directly with MPS Planning to ensure that local planning meets the requirements of the fixed planning horizon and work directly with manufacturing operations to ensure the fixed horizon plan is optimised to support efficient production.
- Liaise directly with third party finished goods warehouse management to ensure the efficient shunting of finished goods.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining raw and packaging materials stock holding targets and availability to meet production demands and conduct regular stock takes.
- Minimise raw materials and packaging material write-offs
- Leadership of the local MES team to ensure operational master data is effectively maintained.
- Leadership of the drive for continuous improvement of site MES
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of SAP data and transactions for which the job holder is responsible
- Understanding and implementation of lean manufacturing work practices including 5S, AM and problem solving (including root cause analysis), to drive continuous improvement activity throughout the site
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) or associated professional qualification.
- Recent experience in a similar role for a FMCG company, ideally within the food industry
- Solid Logistics/Warehouse background with specific experience of operating within an FMCG ideally within a unionised environment
- Experience in warehouse optimisation and setting strategy for site logistic operations
- Significant experience of production planning and materials scheduling
- Experience of a Manufacturing Execution System
- Experience working in matrix structures with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of managing and coaching teams to maximise performance
- Logical thinker, analytically skilled
- Good leadership skills
- Coaching, development and organisational Skills
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.