New Product Introduction (NPI) Manager
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious NPI Leader, looking to lead the New Product Introduction team within the NPD department for a leader within the supplements and nutrition industry! Want to join a business experiencing significant growth and enter a sector which is expanding Y.O.Y, then this is a role and an opportunity for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a NPI Manager.
Being the NPI Manager within a growing department, you will be providing the leadership of the NPI function, working on multiple projects across launches whilst overseeing a team and better developing processes.
- The introduction of new products into commercial operation with regards to formulation and packing
- Set timelines and deadlines for completion of tasks in product development, including launch dates. This includes introduction of product formulation and packaging
- Oversee trial and final product production
- Supporting account managers with new packaging quotation requests
- Co-ordinate and report to upper-level management information on the progress of development and roll-out
- Communicate technical aspects of NPI with internal and external stakeholders
- Mentor and lead team in all aspects of new product introduction
- Stand in for NPD Manager when not available
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ experience within product development and/or new product introduction, ideally within the Nutracutical, VMS, Pharmaceutical or FMCG sector .
- The NPI Manager must be able to impart instructions and ideas, they must grasp often technical vocabulary and concepts. The sales team may rely on the manager to help them explain the products and features in understandable and concise terms so that customers can more easily use it. Communication skills also include listening to ideas and directions, writing clear and informative reports and relating engineering, scientific or other technical information to suppliers. This role is a customer facing one, so ability to communicate with external stake holder is crucial
- The ability to effectively allocate resources, direct production staff and assign and delegate tasks can enhance the chances of a successful product launch. Management includes planning new product development and introduction and coordinating the production efforts with operations, sales and quality
- The NPI manager must address complications and deficiencies in the production or launch process. These may include lack of monetary, human and physical resources or unforeseen events. To solve problems, the NPI manager must gather sufficient information to identify their causes and alternative solutions. Analysis of the possibilities involves assessing the benefits, costs and feasibility
- The NPI manager must be able to understand the technical consideration of VMS product development and routine commercial manufacture. They must be able to explain this to others within their team and external stakeholders where required. This role requires a competent level of IT literacy, with skills in Microsoft Office
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.