Role: Marketing Director – EMEA
Location: United Kingdom
Package: £100,000 – £120,000 + Package
The Advocate Group has recently been retained by a leading Footwear/Apparel Brand to support their search for a world-class Marketing Director. The Brand is a Market Leader in the Outdoor/Lifestyle space and experiencing significant growth. As Marketing Director you will determine and execute the Brand’s seasonal marketing strategies and plans, driving brand development in accordance with global marketing strategy and European SGP.
1. Develop Marketing Strategies that are consistent with the Brand’s global visions and brand positioning, recognizing specific conditions of the European markets and reflecting the European business objectives
2. Determine comprehensive country Marketing Plans that embrace clearly defined brand, category, product and sales objectives and contribute to the achievement of the seasonal Go-To-Market initiatives and European Business Plan. This includes working closely with the sales team and key accounts on customer specific marketing programmes through to execution.
3. Develop annual Budget proposals in accordance with the Marketing Plans. Efficiently control and manage all spend within agreed annual budget levels. Monitor and report budget on a monthly basis. Help and support distributors to manage their marketing budgets.
4. Ensure that the Brand’s positioning and identity are understood across the European organisation and consistently executed i.e in traditional or digital advertising, at retail (wholesale Retailers, own retail, e-commerce and brands web content), in events, etc both for subsidiaries and Sub-Distributors.
5. Manage the country marketing managers and Lead the brand marketing strategy & execution, ensuring all country marketing managers are in-line with this strategy and driving their day to day activities in conjunction with the sales directors.
6. Support, coach the Country Marketing Managers as they plan and execute marketing plans for each season. Coordinate Marketing activity and leverage synergies across the region from a conception, development and supply chain standpoint eg. sales materials, trade shows, POS, catalogues, sales conferences, etc.
7. Establish and execute plans to develop Consumer insights in order to adapt brand messages and evolve brand and product strategies.
8. Liaise with the global Marketing team to ensure that the Brand direction, strategies and execution meet the European regional needs. Systematically communicate marketing activity in order to maximise brand selling story. Make regular brand strategy and marketing activity presentations to the sales team and to customers
- Deep understanding and trading experience, ideally mens and womens for outdoor, lifestyle or sport footwear.
- Understand and execute the concept of brand building.
- Experience in Brand Marketing at region and country level in an international environment. The first-hand experience of European Brand management will be an advantage.
- Deep knowledge of digital marketing and social landscape – ability to build full-funnel seasonal campaigns and measure campaigns to develop actionable insights/learnings
- Experience of developing and partnering with brand DTC channels
- Likely to have extensive marketing experience at a senior level
- Must be totally multi-cultural, with a well-balanced attitude towards all societies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally. Excellent influencing skills required, good oral and written communication skills.
- Fully numerate.
- Ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution. Readiness to step in to get the job done when needed.
- Multi-national company experience is essential.
- Experience of branded direct to consumer is preferable.
- A highly focused strong leader, driven by objectives with experience of managing high performing/senior team members
- Must bring strong strategic direction and commercial inspiration
- Degree or equivalent educated and computer literate
- Extensive travel throughout Europe with some US travel