Logistics Operations Manager
Leading Equipment Supplier, both B2B and B2C
Are you an ambitious Logistics Operations Manager, with a drive for accuracy and ensuring customer satisfaction? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come? This position is the establishing of a new operation for a company that has only used 3PL in the past but due to the passion of outstanding customer service requires its own facility to enable the company to meet its goals!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Logistics Operations Manager.
Being the Logistics Operations Manager at our distribution centre, you will be providing the necessary day to day leadership to ensure the achieving excellence in, and surpassing, the key performance indicators, and budget requirements of the warehouse operation, you will be required at times to be ‘hands on’ especially at busy periods with both inbound and outbound products.
- Through effective leadership and management, continuously progress and maintain the warehouse function at a world class standard in people, efficiency, cleanliness, and organisation of a safe working environment.
- To provide oversight, direction, and leadership to ensure the picking/packing method operates with consistency and a focus on order perfection with 100% OTIF.
- To be ultimately responsible for the 100% effectiveness in scheduling of orders, processing, picking, and packing of orders and updating of computer systems.
- Accountable for the security & control of stock within the Warehouse environment whilst ensuring appropriate stock levels and locations are controlled. Responsible for fully located stock with effectiveness and designated areas managed.
- Barcoding methods to be introduced to ensure 100% stock accuracy and to maximise the effectiveness for stock control.
- Ensuring all Health & Safety controls are maintained, and inspections carried out and reported. Overall responsibility for health and safety across the Distribution Centre
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in delivering a logistics operations strategy across a global supply base
- Experience of developing and implementing an In-House Logistics Operations would be highly beneficial
- Strong communications skill, both internally with key stakeholders and externally with customers, supplier and logistics providers
- Good management skills, with experience of designing and hiring a team would be beneficial
- Good IT skills and the use of WMS systems would be beneficial
- Understanding of 3rd party logistics
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.