Our client are a speciality chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry. Our client are a global business with a multitude of subsidiaries and manufacture in over 300 countries.
We are currently recruiting an experienced and passionate Lead Buyer (UK) based at their site in Leeds, the objective of this role is to ultimately drive down costs of direct and indirect purchased goods, ensure the goods are of the highest quality and to implement the disciplines and procedures on site. This role is also a pivotal role within the Procurement Team with UK wide responsibility however, based at Leeds you will be ‘the voice of procurement’ at a major manufacturing site.
- To achieve annual savings targets agreed with department head, direct and indirect spend.
- Negotiate contracts and suppliers to ensure most cost effective buy with highest quality of goods.
- Represent procurement at on site LET meetings, leading meetings when appropriate
- Complete supplier assessments, meetings, visit and audits
- Ensure supplier performance recording is working effectively
- Update SAP and notify all key stakeholders in the business
- Create procurement reports e.g. Price Change report, PPV, OTIF etc.
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within chemical or related process manufacturing environments
- Have strong, proven experience in the negotiation of products with a multitude of suppliers
- Ensure the top 80% SKU’s have at least one updated benchmark price renewed within 12 months. Conduct regular comparisons with global prices via the company portal
- Search all appropriate markets on a global scale
- Work continuously to reduce the risk of ratings of all direct materials
- Agree supply contracts when applicable to protect the business
- Be confident in the delivery of presentations, reports and have the ability to lead meetings when required
- Have experience in the areas of leadership, coaching and mentoring
This role is a key role at Leeds within the procurement team and will suit an individual who is looking to not only add to an existing skillset, but someone who wishes to join a global business with some real positive changes within the procurement team UK wide.
If you would like to hear more about the opportunity, please send your CV to Stuart Tomkinson on the email provided below, or call 0161 639 0080. Alternatively you can apply via the link.