Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £40,000 – 45,000
The Advocate Group has partnered with a leading international consumer organisation in the Food & Drink industry. Our client is a key manufacturer and distributor of branded products and a key supplier to major UK supermarkets and food service providers.
To support the further expansion of a dynamic and collaborative IT team, we are currently supporting the search for an Infrastructure Engineer to play a pivotal role in delivering the technology strategy across the business.
Reporting to the Lead Platform Architect, you will build key partnerships across IT operations, security and business teams, as well as delivering key infrastructure projects and ensuring platform maintenance for core systems.
- Delivery of all key business IT platforms and maintenance of services used by 2500 users across multiple manufacturing sites in the UK and internationally
- Support the Lead Platform Architect in the research and development of proof of concept ideas
- Provide expert-level technical implementation knowledge and skills to deliver high-quality key system platforms on time through to the point of transition to internal support teams.
- Responding to escalated support incidents from internal support teams to ensure disruption is limited.
- Ensuring that changes to system architecture, platforms and software are managed through the appropriate change processes.
- Progression of escalated support incidents and problems through the Service Desk toolset.
- Propose, develop and execute plans for upgrading and maintenance of technology platforms, liaising with third party suppliers of solutions and software in the provision of escalated support for technology solutions.
Skills & Experience
- VMware ESXi including vCenter v6.0 or later (vSAN, Distributed Fabric experience preferred)
- VMware Horizon 7 or later (Gold image management, App Volumes, FSLogix experience preferred)
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune and SCCM)
- Office 365 and Azure AD including Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint Online.
- Windows 10 (recent feature packs e.g., 2004, 20H2 preferred)
- Azure IaaS + SaaS
- Active Directory Domain Services including Group Policy and Certificate Services
- PowerShell scripting
- Dell Wyse / HP Thin Client Management or equivalent experience
- HP / Supermicro hardware management
- Graduate with good strong practical experience of technology delivery.
- Strong operational grounding within a complex fast-moving environment.
- Practical experience of using systems implementation methodologies.
- Strong understanding of change management principals and application.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving results / managing change.
- Extensive technology experience with Microsoft on-premise and cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively by formal and informal means with strong negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally dealing with all levels of business employees from senior executives and shop floor operations.
If the opportunity to work with a renowned consumer brand organisation piques your interest, please get in touch!
0151 209 2055