Head of Planning
Leading Fresh Food Business
Are you an ambitious Senior Planning professional, looking to inherit a large planning function, , focussing heavily on planning, supply, capacity, inventory management and materials scheduling, and drive the supply chain strategy to better encourage supply chain efficiencies and team development?
This Leading Fresh Food Business, who are a leader in a number of food markets, are currently in the market for a Head of Planning. The role is central to the smooth operations of the S&OP for the business. It is to interpret the sales forecasts of our customers into raw material and consumables requirements for the procurement teams to buy and supply too. The role includes liaison with packaging, pallets, trays, raw material buyers and with inbound and outbound logistics. Central to this is the maintenance of the development within their ERP package.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the Raw Material and Packaging re-order models – no run outs, no redundant stock and material waste below costed targets
- Responsible for welfare of people including driving training and building capability within the team and skill retention
- Coordination of the commercial business requirements in line with procurement team to ensure suitable material availability
- Maintaining required customer service levels internally and externally
- Communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
- Ensuring that production schedules match the availability of raw materials and packaging.
- Minimising waste of raw materials
- Minimising redundant packaging stock
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- Maximising and development of ERP system
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) or associated professional qualification.
- Experience in a similar role within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment
- Displays key leadership skills
- Demonstrates accountability for function
- Strong analytical skills
- ERP experience beneficial but not essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Prepared to see the job through to the end
- Ability to work under pressure and with own initiative
- Good understanding and appreciation of wider business challenges and interactions. i.e. the interface between technical and commercial requirements alongside those of production, planning and stock management
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.