Head of Operations and Supply Chain
Vegetarian/Vegan Food Production Business
Are you an ambitious Supply Chain & Operations Lead, looking to inherit an end to end supply chain and manufacturing functions of a pioneering food business? Want to make your own stamp on growing entrepreneurial organisation with significant investment ($300 million+) in order to establish themselves as one of the leaders within their sector?
This Leader within the Vegan/Vegetarian Space, who take pride in delivering a number of leading food brands into the UK Retail market, are currently in the market for a Head of Operations and Supply Chain. The newly created role sits on the UK Leadership Team, have full autonomy for operations, planning, procurement, production, quality and supply chain. The role will look to build, develop and manage the team ensuring staff are motivated, trained and ready to achieve objectives whilst optimising the operational processes and performance, implementing continuous improvement measures.
- Be accountable for the UK co-manufacturing operation covering key partners across the EU
- Total operations responsibility covering buying, quality, technical and legal requirements to deliver safe, high quality products at the lowest cost
- Focus on client needs: anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed set goals.
- Overall accountability for the UK new supply-chain across all of the business’ brands (inbound logistics, warehousing, transportation, customer service) via the management of the UK Supply-chain manager and supply-chain team
- Ensure that operations facilities in area of responsibility comply with internal rules and external legislation such as safety, health & environment requirements
- Assessment of the medium to long-term viability of UK manufacture
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 7+ years operations experience in a leadership role
- Proven track record in leading and developing but supply chain and manufacturing strategies within the food industry is essential
- Effective experience in multi-site co-manufacturing operations, procurement, E2E Supply Chain, S&OP processes, Change Management
- Required knowledge: Financial management, Product & Food Development Process, Health and Safety / QA Processes and WCM Methodology (desirable)
- Membership of relevant manufacturing and logistics institutes
- Consumer, customer and product quality driven with a keen interest in food with demonstrable level of excitement to be involved in a truly purpose led organisation
- Confident personality with the ability to work autonomously
- A passion for vegetarian/vegan products would be ideal, but not essential
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.