Head of Health & Safety
Manufacturing – Consumer Products
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you a proven Health and Safety Leader, looking to inherit a pivotal role looking to promote a positive Health, Safety and Environment/Facilities culture? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation – then this is the role for you!
This Liverpool based Consumer Products Business, who take pride in delivering several well-known products to their diverse portfolio of clients, are looking to recruit a Head of Health & Safety. This role is responsible for developing, co-ordinating, implementing and monitor safe working systems and processes
- To develop, co-ordinate, implement and monitor safe working systems and processes
- Understand and ensure that the implications and duties imposed by new and current Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, HSE Guidance Notes and Codes of Practice are followed
- Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst all colleagues
- To manage, develop and implement continual improvement practices and ensure that areas of responsibility operate in a manner that accord with appropriate statutory guidance and policies, procedures and values
- Ensure Health and Safety Audit inspection are carried out and recommendations for improvement in line with current legislation are made
- Ensure that investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement are conducted
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Substantial experience leading a Health & Safety function covering manufacturing, field colleagues and office based.
- Experience of driving change and performance improvement
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance, and regulations
- An inspirational and motivational leadership style
- A passion for health and safety, environmental and quality
- An autonomous, agile work ethic
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (science, health and safety, environmental)
- NEBOSH Certificate (Diploma an advantage)
- Professional competence ideally backed up with relevant qualifications e.g. DGSA, FPA Fire Safety Management, IEMA and IQA Membership, IRCA Lead Audito
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.