Head of Commercial
Salary: Competitive + Package
The Advocate Group are extremely excited to partner with The Simple Root to lead the search for a Head of Commercial.
The Simple Root, a new and exciting, well-funded plant-based brand is launching in the UK in late 2021 and is recruiting for the founding members of its team to launch and grow the brand at pace.
The Simple Root products are deliciously made with a proprietary ingredient base of simple root vegetables and other plant-based ingredients delivering a range of tasty, convenient, and versatile solutions for snacking, cooking, and sharing.
The Simple Root to tasty; our delicious, creamy, versatile base delivers everything you expect from dairy, using vegetables.
The Simple Root to food freedom; free from the major UK allergens, everyone can enjoy our range whatever their preferences or intolerances.
The Simple Root to plant-based perfection; offering a more sustainable way to eat.
Head of Commercial
We are looking for a Head of Commercial who will join our new team getting ready for the launch of our clean label Plant-based Sauces and Dips.
We have ambitious growth plans to expand the brand into a wide variety of Plant-Based markets including overtime Hard and Cream cheese, desserts, and indulgent spreads. We have a huge pipeline of Plant-based NPD to take to market and are ready to build a team to deliver on our objectives.
We are looking for a results-driven self-starter who really wants to make a difference and take the lead in the commercial arena. You may already be heading up a team in Commercial or be managing key accounts and delivering new business but are ready to take on a role that has superb opportunity to be in from the start and build a team over time. The role will require hands-on getting into the details, strong negotiation skills and building long term relationships to ensure top class service and brand development with our partners.
• Support building a startup team to include business support and National Account Manager.
• Support building a strategy and execute the plan that launches our plant-based Sauces and dips to market meeting our commercial objectives.
• Secure meetings with relevant retailers to pitch and gain listings for our launch.
• Build great relationships with our customers, so we can build on the expansion of the brand in the Plant-based Brand arena. Be an integral part of the Senior Leadership team to help shape future decisions and direction. Full P and L responsibility for the grocery channel
• Working with the Head of Marketing, develop and own the approach for first-class sales pitches, where we can be different.
• Work with Head of marketing to develop marketing approaches.
• Responsibility for financial reporting and forecasting against budgets
• Someone ready to make their mark, with a new plant-based brand, with great attention to detail, who can manage under pressure in a fast-moving environment to hit targets and deadlines.
• Someone who is happy to get stuck in and do stuff, as well as lead and build a team.
• At least 5 years experience in an FMCG commercial role with a proven track record of results in the grocery channel ideally within the plant-based and/or chilled foods & meal solutions categories.
• Experience in successfully launching NPD with the major grocers.
• Good relationships at the major grocers with relevant buyers and category directors.
• Experience in managing a team and nurturing talent. To manage, develop and grow a successful commercial team.
• An entrepreneurial mindset and tenacity – you’ll be able to think creatively about how to achieve our goals as a brand and you’re not afraid to take the less traditional route when needed.
• Interest in Plant-based eating, who loves food and a healthier for you approach to life.
• Strong Financial Acumens with an analytical edge.
• Ability to create and present fabulous presentations.
• Awesome Internal and external relationship building skills, supported with an ability to influence and negotiate strongly
To be considered for this really exciting opportunity, ‘APPLY NOW’ for Immediate consideration or contact Will Cattell at The Advocate Group on 020 7871 8000.