Factory Planning Manager
Greater Liverpool Area
Leading Consumer Products Business
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you a proven planning management professional, with experience of driving process change/ systems improvement and team development in a fast paced manufacturing environment – then this is the role for you !
Currently working with a well-established consumer products business, with a multitude of brands, providing well known products, who are looking to drive change management and process improvement through a newly created Factory Planning Manager role. The role is looking to identify a candidate with considerable production planning experience within and complex supply chain, who also has experience of owning a planning operation (panning, materials scheduling, S&OP, inventory management capacity planning), whilst driving process and capability improvement.
- Accountable for production and stock planning activities across manufacturing. Evaluate and monitor internal and external supply performance to ensure that plans are achieved, potential issues are identified and options and recommendations for resolution are developed.
- Deliver finite production plans by shift, maintained in line with production output, that are deliverable, with inbound deliveries to support the production and sales plans.
- Design and implement a standard process of “What-if” scenarios to help determine the ability to satisfy customer demand for product delivery achieving planned total cost providing multiple options to determine how to satisfy customer demand in the most cost efficient and time-sensitive manner.
- Supporting the Division’s monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) cycle
- Ensuring stock policy rules established for raw materials and components, appropriately maintained and implemented decreasing net working capital and improving customer service levels.
- Establish base level inventory KPI’s ensure adherence is maintained along with continual improvement
- Manage the material obsolescence through the deletion process to minimise the material liability to the business.
- Maintain the process for bottom up communication of the production plan and risks within it
- Managing team and individual performance through regular reviews, monitoring objectives and ensuring development needs are identified and actioned
Factory Planning Management Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Supply Chain FMCG environment
- Proficiency in production planning within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of systems, supported by advanced IT skills, particularly Excel and ERP systems, or similar systems
- Strong Analytical skills / numerate
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Broad knowledge of forecasting, product distribution, inventory control, manufacturing processes
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
- SAP experience would be beneficial but not essential
- S&OP/ IBP would very desirable
- Maths or Business qualifications an advantage
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.