Our client are a multi-site manufacturing business where service is at the heart of everything they do, with five UK sites and over 250 employees they operate to the highest standards set for product quality, with a specialist production team monitoring output ensuring zero or minimal mill downtime.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Engineering First Line Manager. The purpose of the role is to manage the day to day activities of the engineering team, drive performance and work closely with the reliability engineers to continuously improve OEE.
This is a hands on role and whilst a managerial position with 4/5 direct reports you will still be expected to provide support throughout the day shift as and when required.
- To manage the day to day engineering activities (Working on a day shift, Monday-Friday)
- Liaise with production team to address breakdowns or interruptions to production, dealing promptly with any issues and escalate where necessary
- Work closely with the reliability engineers and Regional Engineering Manager to ensure continued improvement of the OEE
- Drive continuous improvement, reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve mills efficiency, safety, quality and performance
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualification/Apprenticeship in a relevant engineering field
- Have significant, proven experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment ideally with a multi skilled background
- Ideally have experience at a supervisory/managerial level (Not essential)
- Be organised, proactive and have an ‘out of the box’ approach to get the job done
In return my client are offering an enhanced salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stuart Tomkinson or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.