Greater Leeds, Yorkshire
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious Demand Planner looking to develop your skills working alongside industry leading professionals in a collaborative, positive and growing organisation?
Currently working with a large food production business, providing well-known brands and products into the Retail Sector, who due to market growth and further supply chain investment, are looking to recruit a Demand Planner role. The role is looking to identify a candidate with considerable demand planning experience within and FMCG sector, who also has experience of developing new demand planning system, whilst effectively communicating both internally and externally with stakeholders to ensure a robust demand planning process.
- Review historical sales, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results at material, product group or customer levels
- Analyze trends and promotional volume plans to adjust and recommendations to cross functional groups
- Work with the Sales, Marketing and directly with key customers to understand forecast drivers & future demand
- Actively participate in Integrated Business Planning meetings generating reports and providing demand projections for the horizon
- Closely co-ordinate and communicate customer action plans with Supply Planning
- Drive improvements in forecast accuracy
- Maximize customer service level via effective liaison with the production planning team and monitoring of daily forecast/demand.
- Provide input into volume planning to facilitate the budget process
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports and KPI’s pertaining to demand planning process
Demand Planner Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Supply Chain FMCG environment
- Proficiency in demand planning within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of systems, supported by advanced IT skills, particularly Excel and ERP systems, or similar systems
- Strong Analytical skills / numerate
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Broad knowledge of forecasting, product distribution, inventory control, manufacturing processes
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
- Maths or Business qualifications an advantage
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.