Category Manager: Ingredients
Greater Leeds Area
Leading Food Business
Competitive Basic + Package.
Are you an ambitious category buyer or category manager, looking to join a procurement function and take ownership of strategic area of spend? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth managing a pivotal ingredients category, then this is the role for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients across the food industry, are currently in the market for a Category Manager – Ingredients.
This role will take responsibility their ingredients category, focussing on their global supply base. Key to the success of the position will be the ability to taking increasing autonomy of this spend for the business, and driving procurement strategies to identify new suppliers, develop cost-reduction initiatives and mitigate risk from a supply perspective.
- Ensure stakeholder engagement, such that projects are delivered on time / in full and in line with the businesses strategic objective of providing competitive advantage.
- Negotiation of commercial terms and contractual arrangements, to the betterment of the business and such that any risks within the supply chain are mitigated.
- Analyse the market forces and trends that influence the organisation and its suppliers.
- Demonstrate effective skills with suppliers and other stakeholders to deliver effective category management
- Determine the best suppliers and work with internal stakeholders to bring those suppliers on-board, taking account of the differing requirements from around the business.
- Monitor monthly KPI’s for purchased categories and take appropriate actions to ensure delivery to the agreed standard.
- Support the development of knowledge, capabilities and skills within the team to enhance personal performance and growth.
- Promote positive attitudes and curiosity within Procurement such that stakeholders have a positive engagement with the function.
- Proven track record in category management, ideally within an FMCG business
- Experiencing of managing an ingredients category would be beneficial
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS qualification
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team player and management experience would be preference
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good IT and systems skills
- Achievement of real, net cost savings
- Strong supplier management skills
- Winning new business based on innovative and cost effective product sourcing
- Effectiveness of supplier assessments – for both new and existing suppliers
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.