Job Type: Buyer
Salary: £35-£38k Benefits
Responsible for purchasing requirements, management of strategic purchasing decisions and target stock holdings as set out in the Company budget. Driving down the costs of Direct & Indirect purchased goods.
A leading manufacturing business supporting construction, building sector and automotive industries in the UK and Europe. The organisation is valued for their work ethic within the manufacturing world which has helped with their continued growth. They are a people driven business and promote internal progression for individuals with potential. They are looking to recruit a senior commercial purchasing professional.
- Responsibility of a multi-million pound spend.
- Measure and manage supplier performance through effective working relationships.
- Identify and achieve cost reductions through the application of best purchasing practice and techniques.
- Supplier Meetings – assessments
- Ensure that contracts for all products are advantageous to the company’s long-term profitability.
- Support fully the efforts of other departments in achieving their objectives.
- Attend and contribute to meetings that directly relate to the scope of the position.
- Ensure accurate maintenance and control of all relevant master data.
- Initiate corrective actions to ensure objectives and requirements achieved.
- Responsible for developing purchasing strategies.
- Manage ad-hoc projects
- Collaboration with global procurement function
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Buyer in a wide range of activities central to the purchasing function but widely connected to other commercial activities.
- Ideally from an Chemical/Manufacturing background
- CIPS Qualified Level 4 Minimum
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Ability to build relationships
- Accuracy and attention to detail
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.