Leading FMCG Business
Competitive Basic + Package.
Are you an ambitious supply chain professional, looking to develop a career in procurement , supporrting and taking ownership of strategic areas of spend? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth managing a pivotal raw materials spend, then this is the role for you!
This exciting business, who take pride in delivering a premium product to their diverse portfolio of clients, are currently in the market for a Buyer.
This role will take responsibility for key purchasing categories, primarily being focussed on raw materials, for the business across a global supply base. Key to the success of the position will be the ability to taking increasing autonomy of significant spends for the business, and driving procurement strategies to identify new suppliers, develop cost-reduction initiatives and mitigate risk from a supply perspective.
- Develop, gain agreement to, manage and implement category sourcing strategies
- Investigate and monitor supply market trends and evaluate / select appropriate suppliers who can support the business needs
- Formally assess new suppliers against pre-defined risk assessment criteria.
- Plan and execute data collection focussed on understanding supplier costs, capabilities and commitments
- Evaluate objective vendor performance and take action to develop, improve or remove suppliers
- Support the NPD process as required, taking responsibility for costing sheet compilation and management. This will include the identification of relevant suppliers and products that offer the best solution for product development and the customer
- Develop proposals for review with Production Management, R&D and Quality functions, regarding supplier approvals / specification changes which will reduce risk or cost or add value.
- Assist the business in the resolution of critical/ repetitive reject and return issues
- Ensure that there is a formal sign off for the change of product from one supplier to another, or the introduction of a new component or supplier.
- Establish MOQs that do not leave the company at significant risk of obsolete write offs.
- Proven track record in raw material purchasing, ideally within an FMCG business
- CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS qualification
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team player
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good IT and systems skills
- Achievement of real, net cost savings
- Obtaining increasing credit terms from suppliers
- Winning new business based on innovative and cost effective product sourcing
- Effectiveness of supplier assessments – for both new and existing suppliers
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.