£35,000 + benefits
Are you a looking for career progression within a growing global business during this difficult period?
Are you a buyer looking for a fresh new challenge within manufacturing?
Our client are an industry leading FMCG manufacturer who have grown significantly in recent years. They have an impressive range of market leading products sold globally. The supply chain division have an exciting new opportunity for a Buyer to support manufacturing and help stabilise suppliers in an ever changing market place.
- Assure effective procurement of all goods and services in line with division processes, e.g. demand approval, supplier approval, invoice queries and spend analysis
- Seek to secure improved sourcing opportunities and streamline supplier base
- Negotiate with international supplier base and negotiate to maximise cost savings and deliver on annual cost saving KPIs
- Liaise with planning and multiple functions (manufacturing, customer service, marketing etc.) to ensure OTIF targets and inform on difficulties
- Work closely with NPD department on purchasing requirements and regulations
- Support weekly planning meeting with senior management to run through schedules
- Ensure purchase Invoices are accurate and pass for payment to accounts
Essential Buyer Experience:
- Proven background in fast paced manufacturing environment as a Buyer
- A clear communicator at levels with the ability to challenge business leadership
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Must have proven negotiation skills and cost saving achievements
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent complex projects
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) minimum level 3 (Desirable)
To apply for the Buyer role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Miller, or alternatively submit your application via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.