Are you a part qualified or fully qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA Assistant Financial Accountant with a background in the working in fast-moving consumers’ goods environments and based in Coventry? You will be responsible for supporting the Financial Controller and Management Accountant in the production of the monthly management accounts pack, preparation of the financial statements and year end schedules. You will have ownership of VAT reporting and regulatory reporting to third parties. If you are looking for a new opportunity within a fast paced organisation and want to develop your career with an experienced finance team for an exciting dynamic consumer goods business based in Coventry this role is for you.
The business are a global FMCG business who have expanded rapidly across the EMEA region. They have a diverse and collaborative culture and are looking for someone who is able to drive continuous improvement and seek innovative solutions. This is a role for an ambitious Assistant Financial Accountant who is able to step up to cover the responsibilities of the Financial Controller and Management Accountant at times and lead on senior aspects of the Accounting Function.
Up to £35,000 basic, plus pension, healthcare and excellent benefits
- Ownership of integrity and accuracy of specific P&L expense lines and balance sheet codes
- Support the production of the monthly management accounts pack to strict deadlines and to an exceptional level of accuracy
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Variance analysis for costs through liaison with Finance and Business Managers
- Assist in the preparation of the Financial statements and year end schedules ready for audit
- Assist in the preparation of the Statutory accounts ready for audit and liaise with external auditors
- Completion of UK & EU VAT returns & other external reporting returns
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experienced of working in a fast paced environment, such as FMCG and Consumer Goods.
- Self-starter, results driven with strong bias for action.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective relationships and influence others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytic and financial modelling skills.
- High standards of accuracy and precision.
- Highly organized.
- Experience in a growth-oriented business, preferably within a
- FMCG/Manufacturing/Distribution background in a public company and/or with a US parent
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills (Excel in particular).
- Proficiency in accounting software applications.
- Part Qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Nikita.Pottinger@advocate-group.co.uk or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Directly: Nikita Pottinger on 0161 639 0080