Job Title: Advanced Finance Analyst EMEA
Package: £45,000 – £55,000
Are you a qualified, ambitious and driven Finance Analyst looking to develop your career within a globally recognised consumer brand organisation?
We are currently supporting a very exciting business and a market leader in the global beverage industry. This is a business that has made a huge impact on the FMCG sector over the last decade and experienced extraordinary growth in the market. We are looking for talented individuals with experience working in a multinational environment, ideally within the consumer brand space.
This role business partners the Commercial and Marketing teams for the West markets within the EMEA region and would suit a qualified CIMA/ACCA who has proven FP&A skills, an analytical mindset, is detail oriented and proactive.
The Advanced Finance Analyst provides Reporting, Variance Analysis, Budgeting/Forecasting and commercial finance support to the Commercial and Marketing functions to achieve the company’s objectives, through high quality reporting, effective business partnering and decision support.
Reporting & Business Partnering
- Produce EMEA management reports on a monthly and quarterly basis (Excel, BPC & BI) for all brands, ensuring reports are continuously adapted to reflect changing needs of the business.
- Prepare any necessary reclassification/accrual journals identified by the Commercial/Marketing teams and through own review, so that costs are fully and correctly accounted for by country and brand.
- Generate and circulate transactional reports from SAP, reviewing lists for completeness and following up any queries so that the commercial/marketing teams are aligned with the costs reflected.
- Consolidate Marketing Reports and present concise monthly results to Regional Marketing VPs and provide commercial advice on business issues.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of commercial performance (NSV, COGS, GP, Trade Investment) to produce monthly and quarterly commentary for senior management and audit committee that explains variances to budget and PY.
- Complete analysis on COGS to understand drivers of volume, mix and cost changes; identifying and explaining non-standard costs
- Ownership of preparing all quarterly trade investment recharges to bottlers for profit sharing markets/brands; identify and share with the bottler all costs to be recharged, provide any supporting documentation as requested, reach agreement to invoice and ensure invoices are raised and accurately accounted for in the P&L
- Responsible for quarterly Strategic Brands reconciliation process with bottlers; calculating P&L, reviewing system P&L and aligning settlement with bottler.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as required
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Responsible for building templates to collate budget/forecast, developing reports and producing presentations that enable review by market and brand.
- Conduct analytical review and consolidation of budget/forecasts; documenting key assumptions, providing guidance and support to the commercial/marketing teams, reviewing and challenging inputs.
- Provide rolling forecasts of Regional Marketing spend for €16m cost base including Ambassador Sponsorship, Culture and Music Events and Sampling teams;
- Lead budget input into BPC for all commercial/marketing elements of the P&L for the West division and ensure output is aligned to expectations.
- Identify and action process improvement opportunities
- Support commercial/marketing/finance teams with strategic projects/analysis
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Supreme confidence in Excel (V-lookups, Sumifs, Pivots)
- Practical experience within a multi-national company
- Previous use of SAP/BPC desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to produce accurate financial reports
- Work efficiently to produce reports quickly
- Demonstrate gravitas and diplomacy working with VPs
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give us a call on 0151 209 2055