Job Title: Acquisitions Analyst
Industry: Real Estate
Our client is a company built from entrepreneurship and growing to be a huge name in the property/housing market. Innovation is key to this brand – and the ever-growing nature of the industry is reflected in this company’s future journey.
With offices in London and Manchester, the company not only works in a booming market, but has the added excitement of being part of the city buzz. Manchester and London are the places to be!
Culture is key for this business, they work hard but have fun whilst doing it and importantly they class results as more important than time worked.
Success is a huge part of the culture too and is pivotal to the upward trajectory that the company is on at the moment. Energetic and bright individuals are fundamental for the evolutionary growth and success of this inventive business.
The Acquisitions Analyst is a challenging yet exciting role for an individual looking to develop in the Real Estate industry. You will be helping to grow and develop the business: in general, it will include developing, appraising, progressing, and completing an individual portfolio of acquisitions.
Alongside this, you will also be dealing with wider market analysis and assessment – developing new markets and opportunities to support the Head of your sector, and the wider team.
● Sourcing S106 schemes from Housing Developers, and complete detailed appraisals of potential schemes
● Ensuring all key factors are identified that could impact the viability of a bid
● Developing and maintaining the appraisal system, reviewing accuracy and effectiveness of past bids, and improving the process incrementally
● Undertaking market appraisals to assess the wider housing market, in which the company currently operates, and where they intend to develop schemes
● Analysing the sensitivity and risk of a scheme
● Preparing and issuing individual and portfolio appraisals to the company committee, with relevant supporting information
● Assisting in execution of transactions, bringing deals to a successful completion
● Building relationships with new Developers to ensure maintenance of a healthy, consistent pipeline of schemes
● Assessing of opportunities for presentation to / discussion with managers
● Due diligence including sector research and comparison analysis
● Developing an opportunity pipeline of at least 100 units per month from an existing network of volume housebuilders
● Developing an opportunity pipeline of at least 25 properties per month from your new network of volume housebuilders (this pipeline is expected to grow over a 12-month period to match existing network pipeline)
● Progressing at least 150 units to contract exchange and/or contract completion in any 12-month period
● Effectively supporting the Head of the sector in developing new markets and alternative acquisition models
● Working effectively with team members in your sector’s team and the wider organisation, supporting all activities of the company as required
● Developing both personally and professionally, and actively engage with the company personnel development programme
● Engaging with the Senior Management Team to ensure effective appraisals and performance management, providing feedback to the management team and striving for continuous improvement
Required Skills & Experience:
We are looking for candidates…
● Bright, hungry, and committed
● Fast-paced and efficient
● Drive and desire to excel
● Positive, self-aware, and intelligent attitude
● Excellent skills in: organisation, writing, numbers, analysis
● Meticulous, with strong attention to detail
● Passionate about developing yourself and business knowledge
Who have experience/knowledge in/of:
● Detailed and in depth understanding of:
– The appraisal process,
– The UK Housing Market
– The boundaries associated with a regulated market and the creativity to effectively manage these boundaries
● Existing contacts with volume agents and house builders in the market, and the ability to introduce the brand to prepare bids
Who have the ability to:
● Produce comprehensive and accurate work with confidence
● Create and grow new relationships with house builders, and developers, to identify and progress new opportunities
● Work across disciplines and partners, both externally and internally, as an effective member of the team
● Process large volumes of data, and identify key metrics to significantly influence the viability of schemes and potential risks
If you like the sound of this company, role and think that you would be a great fit… get in touch!
+44 (0) 151 209 2055