3rd Party Supply Planner
Wakefield, East Yorkshire Region
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious Supply Planner looking to develop your skills working alongside industry leading professionals in a collaborative, positive and growing organisation?
Currently working with a large food business with a multitude of brands, providing well known products into the Retail Sector, who due to market growth and further supply chain investment, are looking to recruit a 3rd Party Supply Planner role. The role is looking to identify a candidate with considerable supply planning experience within and FMCG sector, who also has experience of designing and leading a production plan, whilst effectively communicating both internally and externally with stakeholders to ensure a robust supply chain process.
- Monitor inventory levels against forecast and plan production orders to meet customer deliveries along with adequate safety stocks.
- In close co-operation with the Demand Planners, create, monitor and revise production plans for all or part of the portfolio.
- Production of a timely production plan for both weekly and daily planning.
- Communicate availability issues to the wider business as required.
- Establish close working relationships with the planning teams across the business, 3rd Party manufacturers and contract packing providers.
- Establish close working relationships internal stakeholders to ensure stock flows through the business efficiently – this includes the Logistics, Customer Service. Marketing and Commercial teams.
- Work with the Demand & Material Planners in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Supply Chain FMCG environment
- Proficiency in supply planning within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing planning in a co-manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Proven experience of systems, supported by advanced IT skills, particularly Excel and ERP systems, or similar systems
- Strong Analytical skills / numerate
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Broad knowledge of forecasting, product distribution, inventory control, manufacturing processes
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
- Maths or Business qualifications an advantage
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.