FMCG Manufacturing Business
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an ambitious Operational Leader, looking to inherit a pivotal role looking to drive change management across a fast paced, assembly led, manufacturing facility? Do you want to work for a business experiencing significant growth and forecasting further expansion in the years to come and currently embarking on significant business transformation – then this is the role for you!
This Lancashire Based Manufacturing Business, who take pride in delivering a number of well-known brands to their diverse portfolio of clients, who are the no. 1 within the UK for their product range, are currently in the market for an Operations Director.
This role will motivate, provide leadership and direction to the operational team; ensure that the manufacturing operation is aligned to the commercial agenda whilst delivering all KPI’s to achieve world class performance.
- Ensure that all working practices reflect the latest applicable safety legislation and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment for all employees, visitors and contractors
- Taking full responsibility for the production function within the business
- Actively promote and support the use of lean manufacturing techniques to drive continuous improvements
- Ensure there are effective communication channels for all employees both formal and informal
- Create an environment where change is normal and welcomed, where leaders replace managers
- Ensure that the site is capable of achieving the agreed annual KPIs, specifically OTIF, OEE, Safety and RFT.
- Ensure there are adequate resources to complete audits, audit actions and improvements
- Support the HSE agenda across the site, ensure there are adequate resources to complete audits, audit actions and improvements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- At least 6 years leadership experience from a production position with a track record of delivering results
- An appreciation of the demands of working in a FMCG Company/Environment
- Able to demonstrate how they have successfully applied modern manufacturing practices and experience gained operating an accredited quality management system
- The ability to lead change, an engaging approach to manage others and the enjoyment of identifying and developing talent
- Motivated to achieve performance and results though energy, drive and persistence
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition
- Working co-operatively with colleagues to achieve common objectives
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, sharing information with confidence, enthusiasm and with an impact that promotes understanding
- You will be a dynamic, creative and an effective Leader, with a proven track record of working in an operations role that places people at the centre. You will have commercial acumen, able to spot opportunity, build strong business cases
- Experience of implementing Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing procedures and activities
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
This assignment is retained on behalf of the client, so any 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded directly to the AMA Group.