With a turnover in excess of £1billion and over 2,000 staff globally, they are one of the market leaders in chemical manufacturing. They have multiple manufacturing sites throughout the world with the largest site situated here in the UK. The company is at the forefront of engineering excellence and has a significant continuous improvement mind-set throughout the business striving for operational excellence. With over 60 years in the industry, my client is a well-established chemical manufacturer who pride themselves on quality, innovation and exceptional technical support and are looking for a Plant Manager to join their team in West Yorkshire.
The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure the safe, efficient and continuing manufacture of products within time, quality, cost and regulatory constraints such that the manufacturing plan is achieved and that assets are maintained fit for purpose now and into the future.
- Ensure all physical and human resources are available to the plants such that they are able to operate in line with the manufacturing plan and can satisfy customer requirements
- Ensure all operational procedures, process control sheets, training documentation and method statements are prepared and controlled in accordance within the Company’s procedures and that plant personnel adhere to such
- Ensure that future capability requirements of the plants are assessed and developed in line with the future business requirements
- Schedule resources to ensure plant output is in line with manufacturing plan and customer needs
- Agree raw material usage and labour budgets annually with Finance/Technical and ensure that the plant operates within budget
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Chemistry with significant experience within a complex chemical manufacturing environment
- Familiar with modern manufacturing methods, management techniques, product design and Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- As a minimum a foundational understanding of continuous improvement on plant
- Experience managing similar plant within a chemical business
- The successful candidate will be a strong influential person with experience managing change
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stuart Tomkinson or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.